Economics is a wide sub-discipline of social science that is concerned with the production, consumption, and distribution of goods and services. It mainly studies how businesses, individuals, and nations make decisions regarding resource allocation. If you are an economics student, then often you will be asked to prepare an academic paper on economics essay topics. Writing an economics essay may sound easy but it actually involves a lot of challenges, especially when it comes to topic selection.
In general, economics is a broad discipline with endless essay topics to focus on. However, when you have many topics, then it will become too difficult for you to pick one ideal topic. So, in order to help you in picking a good economics essay topic, here, in this blog post, we have presented key economics essay topic selection tips. Also, we have shared some excellent economics essay topic ideas and the necessary steps for writing a great economics essay.
Continue reading this blog post to know more about economics essay writing.
How to Write an Economics Essay?
Do you know how to write an essay on economics? In case, you have no idea, execute the following steps in order to craft a top-notch economics essay.
- Firstly, search and find an ideal economics essay topic.
- Secondly, generate a strong thesis statement relevant to your essay topic.
- Thirdly, conduct in-depth research on your essay topic and collect the major points to explain your thesis statement. Make sure to take references from various credible sources such as textbooks and the internet.
- Fourthly, prepare a neat and well-structured essay outline with the gathered points.
- Next, with the help of the essay outline, start drafting the essay by dividing them into separate sections such as the introduction, body, and conclusion. In the introductory paragraph, introduce your topic to the readers in a compelling manner and mention your thesis statement. Then, draft the main body of the essay by explaining your major points with valid evidence. Finally, wrap up the essay by summarizing all your points in the conclusion.
- After you complete writing the essay, proofread the entire draft and edit if it contains any spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors. Note that, the final copy of the essay that is ready for submission should be flawless and original.
Tips for Choosing a Good Economics Essay Topic
As said earlier, in the economics essay writing process, topic selection is the first step you should give more concentration to. Mostly, your instructors will suggest some trending economics essay prompts or essay questions for you to choose from. In such a case, you will not face any difficulties with the topic selection. But sometimes they will ask you to come up with a topic on your own by analyzing various topic ideas. In such an instance, you may find it difficult to find one perfect topic.
So, to help you with the economics essay topic selection, below we have shared some key tips. During your topic selection phase, make sure to stick to them all.
- Always choose a topic from the area that you have good knowledge or interest in.
- Pick a topic that is exciting for you to discuss.
- Select a topic that has high scope to perform research and host a discussion.
- Go with a topic that is informative for your target readers.
- Instead of choosing an already discussed topic, give preference to the topic that is unique or top-trending.
- Avoid considering a topic that is too broad to cover within the deadline.
- If the topic is vast, make sure to narrow it down.
- Find out a topic that has enough information and credible sources for references.
- Select a topic that contains valid evidence to prove your major points of discussion.
- Finalize the topic, if it stands in line with your instructor’s essay writing guidelines.
Besides following all these tips, before you start writing your economics essay, discuss it with your instructor and get approval for your topic, because prior consultation will help you in improving your academic paper writing work, and score an A+ grade.
Best Economics Essay Topics List
Basically, economics is a broad subject filled with many topics and sub-topics to focus on. When it comes to writing an economics essay, you can choose a topic from the themes such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, healthcare economics, business economics, international economics, etc.
Below we have listed 200+ best economics essay topic ideas on various categories of economics. In case, you run short of ideas or need interesting essay topics for economics feel free to have a look at them and pick a topic that suits you perfectly.
Economic History Essay Topics
Economic history is an interesting academic study that focuses on economic events from the past. If you are more passionate about conducting research on economic history, then for writing your economics essay, you can very well consider any of the following topics.
- Explain the structure, history, and activities of the World Bank.
- Discuss the influence of slavery on the economy.
- Explain the key figures in the history of the economy.
- Prepare an essay on the 2008 Economic Crisis: origins and fallout.
- Describe the history of economic analysis and research.
- Discuss the rapid economic growth of Europe during the age of discovery.
- Explain how the settlers facilitated economic growth in Canada.
- What is the role of gender and culture in economic history?
- Explain the effect of the industrial revolution on the modern world.
- Trace the origins of capitalism and its centuries-long path toward 21st-century America.
- Discuss the economic history of global powers.
- Describe the history of France’s economics over the past 20 years.
- Write about economic history and technological inertia.
- Asian economic miracles: Japan, Taiwan, South Korea.
- Share about the economy of Medieval Europe.
- Research and write about the economic history of colonized nations.
- Discuss the history of Islamic banking.
- Have a closer look at the economic marvel of Communist China.
- Discuss the economic history of Brazil.
- Conduct a socio-economic analysis of the Roman Empire’s monetary policy.
- Discuss the role of Information Technology in the development of the global economy
- How does tax evasion tax impact a country’s economy?
- Discuss about Price Ceiling and its impact on the market
- Consumer preferences and budget constraints
- Discuss the main microeconomic factors and their impact on economy
International Economics Essay Topics
International economics is a study of the economic interaction between countries. In general, the subject covers a wide range of concepts such as globalization, trade pattern, balance payment, and FDI. In case you have good knowledge of international happenings, then you can take into account any of the following international economics essay topics.
- How does Brexit affect the economy of the European Union?
- Discuss the effect of population growth on the international economy.
- From an economic perspective, discuss the issue of international criminal justice in the industry.
- Explain the impact of globalization on international economic relations.
- Discuss the lack of justice for the cheap international labour market.
- Write about international agribusiness, trade, and financing in South Africa.
- Explain the economy of India and its role in international trade.
- Discuss the reasons why the problem of environmental protection remains unresolved among global economies.
- Write about Etihad Airways company managerial economics.
- Discuss the imbalances in the global economy.
- The lack of justice for the cheap international labour
- The issue of international criminal justice in the industry.
- Globalization and its impact on international economic relations.
- How does Brexit affect the economy of the European Union?
- The effect of population growth in the international economy.
World Economics Essay Topics
In general, world economics considers all the economic activities that happen at a global level. If you are interested in discussing world economics, then the following essay topics will be helpful for you.
- Discuss the economics of world wars.
- Write about the overexploitation in modern world economics.
- Explain the impact of institutional economics.
- Discuss the importance of the worldwide ecological economy.
- Cultural economics: the importance of preserving the heritage of our world.
- Describe the economics of the globalized world.
- Write about world trade and its evolution.
- Explain the modern trading system.
- Discuss the economics of agriculture in the world food systems.
- Explain how third-world economics can be boosted.
Business Economics Essay Topics
Business economics is a field of applied economics. It mainly uses quantitative methods and economic theory to study the financial, market-based, organizational, and environmental issues experienced by an organization. The following are some interesting business economics essay topics that you can take into account for writing your economics essay.
- Write about the shadow economics of the finance sector.
- Discuss the sustainable development of a nation’s economic stability.
- Share the limitations of the Lewis Model.
- Explore the process of inflation in modern economies.
- Describe how a small business can compete with monopolies.
- Analyze oil demand and its changes in the 21st century.
- Discuss the social and economic impact of mass emigration.
- Economics, business, and sugar in the UK.
- When does an advertising campaign become unnecessary?
- Compare Chinese and Japanese business systems.
Socioeconomics Essay Topics
Socioeconomics is a branch of social science that studies how economic activity is affected by social processes. In simple terms, it is a subject that deals with the social processes and the economic activities that happen within society. Listed below are a few socioeconomics essay topics that you can use for writing an academic essay on economics.
- Explain the economic impact of racial segregation in America in the 1950s.
- Describe the socio-economic status of Hong Kong in modern-day China.
- Discuss the phenomenon of dualism in economic development.
- Explain the dynamic social economics of natural disasters.
- Discuss the ethics and morality in socio-economics.
- Write about the socio-economic status and mental health.
- Discuss the geographical issues in socio-economic relationships.
- Explain the socio-economic impacts of Western industrialization.
- Socio-economic study of tourism.
- Write about gender inequality and socio-economic development.
- Have a look at the habit as a socio-economic term.
- Discuss the socio-economic status of volunteer organizations.
- Explain the socio-economics of fishing and hunting.
- Socio-economics of property: the modern outlook.
- Explain the socio-economics of minority groups.
Urban Economics Essay Topics
Urban economics is an economic study of urban areas. If you are interested in analyzing the economical concepts related to urbanization, then you can choose any topic from the following list and prepare your economics essay.
- Describe the factors that play a critical role in the success of retail productivity in cities.
- Are the ethics of relocation justified?
- Discuss the role of cities in aggregate economics.
- Explain how regional authorities can improve a city.
- Discuss the impact of a city’s design on the local traffic.
- Explain the difficulties behind the construction of “green” buildings.
- What are the main factors for the emergence of cities in the middle ages?
- Why should people be more careful about investing in real estate?
- Dubai’s spatial planning: creative economic solutions for building a city in the desert.
- Discuss the challenges involves in the economic development of a city’s metropolitan area.
Microeconomics Essay Topics
Microeconomics is an important branch of economics that studies the behaviour of individuals, firms, and households in making decisions and allocating resources. The following are some interesting microeconomics essay topics.
- Why is the price of different tropical or exotic fruits change due to hazards?
- Describe and analyze the Matthew effect in microeconomics.
- Explain opportunity costs from a microeconomics perspective.
- Discuss the impact green energy has on the economy.
- Microeconomics on violent conflict territories.
- Explain how supply and demand affect the price of a product.
- Analyze the relationship between forests and food, from a microeconomic perspective.
- Explain how competition influences the price.
- Compare the effect of labour force participation on the economy and budget.
- Microeconomics of new technology applications.
- Describe how unemployment affects microeconomics
- Explain how a stock market operates.
- Discuss the effect of income changes on consumer choices.
- Write about the microeconomics of the banking industry.
- Discuss the potential evolution of microeconomics.
Macroeconomics Essay Topics
Macroeconomics is similar to microeconomics, but instead of studying an individual or firm’s behavior, it concentrates more on the behavior of a regional or national economy as a whole. Listed below are some amazing macroeconomics essay topics.
- Describe the role of banks in the economy?
- Discuss the impact of homelessness on the economy of a country.
- Explain how cryptocurrencies will change the economies of the countries.
- Determine China’s role in the world economy by considering its recent tremendous economic growth.
- Analyze and present the factors that have contributed to Greek’s crisis from a macroeconomic perspective.
- Discuss the positive impact medical tourism has on the world economy.
- Explain how the oil price affects the GDP of a country.
- What are the factors that contribute to the global recession?
- Compare the unemployment in the United States with the rest of the world.
- Discuss the link between internet connectivity and productivity in the workplace.
- Explain the role of innovation in the macroeconomy.
- Discuss the role of income distribution in macroeconomics.
- Describe the problems with modern macroeconomics.
- Write about Macroeconomics and international relations.
- Discuss the connection between common stock prices and inflation in your country.
Behavioral Economics Essay Topics
Behavioral economics studies the psychological factors that play a vital role in the decision-making process of an organization or an individual. If you are passionate about exploring the connection between economics and psychology, then you can write your economics essay on any of the following behavioral economics essay topics.
- Describe the factors that motivate a consumer to buy a product of a certain brand.
- Discuss the impact of discounts and promotions on the behavior of consumers.
- How has behavioral economics influenced the real-world context? Prepare a case study of online purchase behavior.
- Explain the role of big data in behavioral economics.
- Discuss the impact of economic stability on the social life of a person.
- Explain and explore the benefits of behavioral economics in the field of environment and wildlife protection.
- Prepare a case study of amazon on the behavioral economics of discounting.
- How to reduce substance abuse with behavioral economics.
- Research how the United States market benefitted from behavioral economics theory.
- Address the lifestyle management for diabetes through behavioral analysis.
Environmental Economics Essay Topics
Environmental economics is a branch of economics that studies the financial effect of environmental policies. If you are an economics student with a high love of the environment, then you can analyze and write an economics essay on any of the following environmental economics essay topics.
- Discuss the impact of climate change on the economy of the United States.
- Compare the environmental conservation policies in the two countries of your choice.
- Explain how global warming affects economic growth.
- Why it is important to analyze the economics of clean drinking water?
- Analyze the waste disposal system in your country, from an economic perspective.
- Explain how the trend of eco-friendly products changes the economy of a country.
- The economic perspectives of distribution of natural resources across boundaries.
- Describe the impact of technological advancements on the companies that develop green products.
- Cost-benefit analysis of the regulation of the environment.
- Explain how greenhouse gases affect economic growth.
- Compare the water management and conservation policies in the United States and the UK, from an economic perspective.
- Conduct an economic examination of waste disposal programs in the United States.
- Explain how wildlife protection affects the economy.
- Discuss the relationship between financial subsidies and the generation of eco-friendly products.
- Investigate the cost of organizational environmental analysis in the United States.
Labor Economics Essay Topics
Labor economics studies the market for labor services in the economy. The following are a few unique labor economics essay topics you can take into account for writing your economics assignment.
- The decrease of the labor force in modern industries.
- Discuss the violations of the labor rights of workers.
- Labor economics: child labor.
- Explain the labor economics of Ford Motor Company.
- How to increase labor productivity in business.
- Discuss the issue of sex discrimination in the workplace.
- Write about entrepreneurship in the organic cosmetics sphere.
- Discuss Child labor in the industry.
- Explain the link between economic growth and demography.
- What are the effects of the Landrum-Griffin Labor Act?
Read more: Outstanding Compare and Contrast Essay Topics Ideas For Students
Sports Economics Essay Topics
Sports Economics discusses the relationship between economics and sports. If you are an economics student who is also an ardent sports fanatic, then you can very well write an economics essay on any of the following sports economics essay topics.
- The Olympics: logistics and economy.
- Conduct financial analysis on the business of FIFA.
- How significant is the impact factor of a local team on a city’s economy?
- Sports and energy drinks marketing analysis.
- Conduct a critical analysis of the corruption in European football leagues.
- Write about the NextG sports company’s communication planning.
- Do teams with higher budgets perform better on the field?
- What role does statistical data play in sports?
- Have a closer look at the global sports retail industry.
- Write about performance-enhancing drugs in sports.
Healthcare Economics Essay Topics
Healthcare economics is a branch of economics that concentrates on the issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, behavior, and value in the healthcare industry. Here are some interesting healthcare economics essay topics that will be helpful for you.
- Discuss the effects of government regulation on healthcare costs.
- Explain how healthcare spending affects a country’s economic growth and development.
- Explain the history and evolution of healthcare economics.
- Discuss the economics of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Write about the Economics of personalized healthcare.
- Explain how market competition affects prices in the healthcare industry.
- Describe how chronic diseases affect the workforce and the economy.
- Explain how an infectious disease outbreak affects the economy.
- Write about healthcare logistics and economic problems.
- Prepare a case study on the financial management of a hospital.
- Discuss healthcare economics in emergency situations.
- Describe the economics of mental healthcare.
- Is bio-printing the new future of medicine?
- Explain the impact of economics on decision-making in healthcare.
- Write about the demand in healthcare economics.
- Discuss the relationship between healthcare economics and patient satisfaction.
- The issue of fast food consumption: a multibillion-dollar market.
- Discuss the economics of drug development.
- What are the economic outcomes of a global pandemic?
- Economics and regulation of new healthcare technology.
Top-rated Economics Essay Topics
The following are some top-rate economics essay topics that will help you in scoring an A+ grade.
- Analyze the effects of marijuana legalization on Canada’s economy.
- Describe the ideal monetary system.
- Discuss the philosophy of economics and its main principles.
- Explain the major ethical rules in an economy.
- Analyze the wine industry in your country and focus on supply, demand, and price inflation.
- Describe the factors that define the poor economic growth of a country.
- Evaluate how online shopping is changing the economy of a country.
- Discuss the effect of housewives on the economy.
- Evaluate the economic growth of Switzerland.
- Discuss how a country’s decisions affect the global economy.
- Describe the characteristics of an oligopoly and its impact on the economics of a country.
- Discuss the effect of globalization on emerging economies.
- What impact does a constantly growing population have on the economy of a developing country?
- What does economic forecasting entail?
- Investigate the relationship between migration and development economics.
Excellent Economics Essay Topics
Listed below are a few excellent economics essay topics that you can take into consideration for writing an economics essay.
- Explain how important Hong Kong is in global economics.
- Describe the role of a government in the economy and economic development.
- Compare long-term and short-term economic growth.
- Explain the economics of taxation.
- Discuss the impact of globalization on the worldwide policy-making economy.
- Share the pros and cons of the current money system in the U.S.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Brexit for the European Union and Britain.
- Compare the tax policies of developed and developing companies.
- Explain how the oil industry affects the economic development of Nigeria.
- Write about Singapore’s market and its responsibility in world marketing.
- Explain how school quality affects the price of housing in a metropolitan area.
- Compare real-world economic issues with Neo-classical economics.
- Define the African American economics in the US.
- Compare economics and finance.
- Explain how alternative economic approaches can be applied.
Interesting Economics Essay Topics
Below are a few more interesting economics essay topics that will help you in writing a great economics essay.
- Is economics an experimental science?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the current money system in the US.
- Explain the cost-effectiveness of pharmaceutical products in the United States.
- Analyze the 2007 Great Recession in the US from a macroeconomics perspective.
- Explain the importance of renewable energy for international economics.
- Analyze the financial side of cancer treatment.
- Explain how bitcoin may change macroeconomics in the future.
- Calculate the cost of delivering education in colleges and universities.
- Explain the profitability of waste recycling.
- Describe the ideal capitalist and social economy.
- Is cryptocurrency the future?
- Explain the impact of macroeconomics variables on the stock market in Saudi Arabia.
- Discuss the predictors for oncoming recessions.
- Does the universal basic income system work?
- Analyze an economics policy tool and its effectiveness.
Read more: Top Extemporaneous Speech Topics and Ideas To Consider
Trending Economics Essay Topics
- What are the effects of globalization on the current trade?
- Discuss the history of online trading.
- Write about the racial pay gap in the United States.
- Describe the role of big data in the economic sector.
- Explain the impact of unemployment on the local economy.
- Macroeconomic studies using an interdisciplinary approach
- Macroeconomics of the environment and trends in sustainable development
- Describe the main macroeconomic forces and how they affect the world economy.
- The influence of economics on healthcare decision-making
- Economics of complex healthcare systems: skill and resources
- Regulation and economics of innovative medical technologies
- What effects would a worldwide epidemic have on the economy?
- What are the main elements influencing a nation’s GDP (gross domestic product) growth?
- How does a nation’s employment rate affect its gross domestic product?
- Why do international economies still struggle to find a solution to the environmental protection issue?
Get Essay Writing Help Online
Out of the above-suggested list of economics essay topics, choose a perfect topic of your choice and craft an informative economics essay. In case, you need a customized essay topic or if you are struggling to write your economics essay, reach out to us quickly. We have excellent essay writers with a Ph.D. in Economics to offer top-quality, plagiarism-free economics essay writing help online.
Most importantly, through our online essay writing services, we will provide you with reliable assistance for all the academic paper writing issues you face. So, you can very well make use of our services by simply submitting your requirements in the order form. Based on your academic paper writing guidelines, we will prepare and deliver you an outstanding essay at an affordable price without missing the deadlines. Not just for economics essays, the well-experienced essay helpers in our team will also offer help for completing the essays and research papers on other subject topics as well.
Do you need cheap and best essay writing help online? Are you looking for reliable economics assignment help? Well, you can hire an essay writer from our team to craft your academic essay. Note that, our subject matter experts will make your assignment writing task easier by offering you help with essay topic selection, writing, and editing. Besides that, you can also get 24/7 customer chat support and unlimited paper revisions from us.
Instead of pressurizing yourself too much to score an A+ grade, quickly book your order and earn more academic benefits through our assignment writing service.
Leave a Reply