Do you find it difficult to come up with an engaging persuasive essay? Are you seeking the best persuasive essay topics for your assignments? Don’t worry! We are there to help you out. Especially, for your better understanding, here, in this blog post, we have suggested a few tips for choosing an ideal persuasive topic, and have also shared some simple steps for writing a great persuasive essay. Along with the overview of persuasive essay writing, from here, you can also get excellent persuasive essay topic ideas from various academic disciplines.
If you wish to earn top scores for your persuasive essay writing assignments, then continue reading this blog post and update your knowledge of persuasive essay writing. Having good writing skills and strong knowledge of how to write a persuasive essay will help you score an A+ grade.
What is a Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive essay is a popular essay type that writers prepare to convince or make the readers believe their arguments, opinions, or viewpoints about a specific topic. If you are a student, then for your assignment work, often you will be asked to submit this essay during your scholarly life. As this essay type is more inclined towards convincing the readers, when it comes to writing a persuasive essay, you should use any logical approach, valid evidence, facts, examples, or quotes supporting your argument.
In general, a persuasive essay is similar to an argumentative essay but it focuses more on only one side of the argument. Like other academic essays, you should also structure your persuasive essay in a way that is easy for your readers to understand. A typical persuasive essay must have an introduction, thesis statement, arguments related to the thesis statement, valid proofs supporting the argument, and a conclusion.
Till now, we saw a simple overview of a persuasive essay. In the next section, let us take a look at the steps for writing an engaging persuasive essay.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay?
Writing a persuasive essay is one of the exciting and challenging tasks to complete. Basically, when it comes to essay evaluation, the instructors will take into account what essay topic you have selected and how well you have framed your content to persuade the readers. So, during persuasive essay preparation, be careful with the topic you choose to work on and also try to use innovative persuasive techniques in your content to convince your readers.
If you have no idea how to write a great persuasive essay, then execute the following persuasive essay writing steps in order.
- Firstly, get to know your target readers.
- Secondly, identify the field of study that you are interested to focus on.
- Thirdly, from your area or subject of interest, analyze and spot an ideal persuasive essay topic exciting to you and your readers.
- Fourthly, perform deep research on your ideal essay topic thoroughly by referring to various trusted sources.
- After a careful analysis of the essay topic, build a strong thesis statement.
- Next, develop the main arguments relevant to your thesis statement.
- In order to set credibility, collect valid evidence, examples, or facts supporting your arguments.
- After performing basic research, craft a well-structured persuasive essay outline with essential elements such as introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Next, with the help of the essay outline you have prepared, draft your persuasive essay by explaining all your major arguments relevant to your essay topic with proper evidence.
- Lastly, after you complete writing the persuasive essay, make sure to proofread and edit the entire paper multiple times. Note that, the final copy of the persuasive essay that is ready for submission should be flawless, plagiarism-free, and have the power to persuade your readers.
Tips for Choosing a Good Persuasive Essay Topic
The first step in the persuasive essay writing process is topic selection. In general, for writing a persuasive essay, you can very well find plenty of persuasive essay topics on several subjects. But usually, while assigning tasks, your instructors will share some persuasive essay prompts for you to work on. At times, they may allow you to come up with an idea on your own. In such a case, you should have to invest more time and effort to spot a perfect persuasive essay topic.
Are you confused about how to select a good persuasive essay topic? Cool! If you want to identify ideal argumentative essay topics, then during your essay topic selection, make sure to stick to the following tips.
- Choose a topic matching your field of study or area of interest.
- Select a topic in which you have strong knowledge to raise your arguments.
- Avoid choosing a topic that is too wide or too specific to discuss.
- If your essay topic is too vast to complete before the deadline, narrow it down.
- Instead of picking the frequently discussed topic, give importance to a topic that is unique and top-trending.
- Go with the essay topic that allows you to generate strong arguments.
- Give importance to the topic that has enough evidence and proof to support your arguments.
- Select a topic that has a lot of information and trusted sources for references.
- Never choose a boring or a dry topic. The essay topic you choose should be comfortable for you to put forth your arguments and convince your readers.
- Finalize the topic only if it stands in line with the essay writing instructions of your instructor.
Best Persuasive Essay Topics List
For your convenience, here, we have presented a list of some excellent persuasive essay topics on various subjects such as education, science, health, sports, technology, and so on.
In case, you are running short of ideas, without any hesitation, browse the below-suggested list and pick one great persuasive essay topic that fits you perfectly.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
Education is one of the interesting fields of study in which you can discuss so many things. When it comes to education, everyone has different opinions regarding how the education system could be, how the education-related problems can be solved, and so on. If you are passionate about improving the education system, then for your persuasive essay writing assignment, you can choose a topic from the following educational persuasive essay topic ideas.
- Why should schools teach financial literacy?
- Should students take a self-defense class?
- Can colleges offer free education?
- Is homework necessary?
- How much should parents be involved in their children’s education?
- Should students be allowed to have phones at school?
- Is learning sex education in school necessary?
- Which is better: classroom learning or online learning?
- Are exams the best way to test students’ learning ability?
- Should students take a gap year after high school?
- Do all students need to learn a foreign language?
- Is it a good idea for friends to sit together in class?
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Should teachers be unbiased in the classroom?
- What is the best way to reduce cheating in school?
- Should the class ranking system be abolished in schools?
- Is college education mandatory to have a good career?
- What is the effective way to change the behavior of school bullies?
- Should physical education be required in schools?
- Are uniforms necessary for school students?
Health and Nutrition Persuasive Essay Topics
Likewise to education, health is another interesting field that has several things to focus on. Basically, we all want to lead a healthy life. But in order to be healthy, nutritious food is needed the most. In recent fast-food times, humans face various health issues because of poor food and lack of nutrition. Besides that, it also becomes tough for many people to fit inside the health care system of their country. Especially to maintain the good health of all the people in the society, various issues related to health and nutrition should be addressed properly. Here are some persuasive essay topics on health and nutrition that you can consider.
- Is eating genetically modified food safe?
- Are low-carb or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- Should vitamins and supplements be more tightly regulated?
- How could you convince someone to be more physically active?
- What is the best way to lower the teen pregnancy rate?
- Should birth control pills be available without a prescription?
- Is the Keto diet a safe and effective way to lose weight?
- Are low-carb or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- What’s the best way to reduce the spread of Ebola?
- Should pregnant women be forbidden from buying cigarettes and alcohol?
- Why should people eat less junk food?
- Is there a connection between poor nutrition and life expectancy conditions?
- Should healthcare be universal?
- Why has anxiety increased in adolescents?
- Should women get guaranteed maternity leave?
- Obsession with dieting can lead to various eating disorders and health problems.
- Is legalizing marijuana a good idea?
- Obesity is the greatest threat to world health.
- Is vegetarianism a healthy lifestyle?
- Should doctors and teachers screen teenagers for depression?
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
Science is a broad field of study with plenty of persuasive essay topics for discussion. If you have strong knowledge of science, then to show your strengths to the outside world, you can very well consider a topic from the below-suggested persuasive essay topic ideas on science.
- Should the United States devote more money toward space exploration?
- Is there legitimate evidence of extraterrestrial life?
- What is the best way to reduce the impact of global warming?
- Should stem cells be used in medicine?
- Is scientific testing on animals necessary?
- Discuss the moral issues of cloning.
- How do New Scientific Findings Influence Our Daily Lives?
- Explain how genetic engineering Influence the World.
- Why there are not enough women in science?
- The world would be better if scientists were in charge.
- Should euthanasia be legalized?
- Is solar energy worth the cost?
- Should nuclear power be banned?
- What is the best way to reduce illegal poaching?
- Should the government subsidize renewable forms of energy?
Technology Persuasive Essay Topics
The modern world is under the control of technology. Especially because of technology, both humankind and the environment face a lot of pros and cons. If you wish to prepare a persuasive essay on any trending topics, then the following persuasive essay topic ideas on technology will help you.
- Should America fund another trip to the moon?
- Does excessive social media use lead to depression/anxiety?
- Was Steve Jobs a visionary or just a great marketer?
- Hybrid vehicles save energy.
- Should people stop using technology?
- Which 21st-century invention has had the largest impact on society?
- Are ride-sharing companies like Uber good for society?
- Technology positively impacts society.
- Is print news still important in a technological world?
- Does technology bring more harm than good?
- Nanotechnology can help treat cancer.
- What is the most important scientific breakthrough of your lifetime?
- Is facial recognition technology necessary?
- What is the most important scientific breakthrough of your lifetime?
- Will technology end up increasing or decreasing inequality worldwide?
- Machines make people lazy.
- Self-driving cars are not ideal for busy roads.
- Smart notebooks should replace paper.
- Nanotechnology is paving new ways for humans.
- Drones should be used for both military and non-military purposes.
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
Are you a sports fan? Well, then related to the field of sports you might have different opinions. Here we have listed some interesting persuasive essay topics on sports that you can take into consideration while you are asked to prepare a persuasive essay.
- What is the best sport to play?
- Is it more fun to play sports or watch them?
- Should girls be allowed to play on boys’ sports teams?
- Are summer sports better than winter sports?
- What’s the best activity to do on a rainy day?
- Only women should be allowed to train female teams.
- Injuries affect an athlete’s mental health.
- Why parent should allow their children to play extreme sports?
- Some kinds of sports can promote violent behaviors.
- Chess should become an Olympic sport.
- Should horse racing be banned?
- Is cheerleading a sport?
- Are team sports better than individual sports?
- Should professional athletes be paid too much?
- Are the costs of hosting an Olympic Games worth it?
- Not every sportsperson can be a good coach.
- Eating disorders are a common problem among athletes.
- Sports help to manage depression and anxiety.
- Should animal sports be banned?
- The coverage of women athletes in the media is still sexist.
Persuasive Essay Topics on History
Here is a list of some captivating persuasive essay topics on history that will allow you to discuss the different experiences from the past with valid evidence.
- How did the new technology make World War I so high in casualties?
- Technological advancements of Ancient Rome.
- Is America the most powerful country in the world?
- What factors contributed to the victory in the American Revolution?
- Was early European exploration a good thing or a harmful thing?
- What has caused the numerous disappearances in the Bermuda triangle?
- Farming technology in the Bronze Age.
- What is the primary cause of the Rwandan genocide?
- Was America’s use of the atomic bomb in World War II necessary?
- Why did the Soviet Union lose the Cold War?
- Was King Arthur a mythical legend or Dark Ages king?
- Why did the United States come out as a superpower after WWII?
- How did colonization transform the economies of European empires?
- Why was slavery so popular in the southern states of America?
- How did civil rights develop during the Reconstruction era?
Political Persuasive Essay Topics
As politics is a serious subject, everyone will mostly ignore this subject for discussion. But when it comes to preparing a persuasive essay, politics is one of the perfect subjects that will allow you to come up with different ideas of how a society should be, how a country should operate, and so on. If you love discussing political topics, then for crafting a persuasive essay, you can select a topic from the following set of topic ideas related to politics.
- Will Brexit end up helping or harming the UK?
- Should privately-run prisons be abolished?
- Why do females have traditionally lower participation in politics?
- Should the minimum voting age be raised?
- What is the most unjust law in the country?
- Is national security more important than individual privacy?
- Why should a person vote?
- Should the United States build a border wall with Mexico?
- Is the Electoral College necessary?
- Should companies be allowed to donate to political candidates?
- How to solve the United States’ immigration problem.
- Are there limits to the freedom of speech?
- Should children who are born in another country have citizenship there?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- How should we reduce the threat of terrorism in the United States?
Persuasive Essay Topics on Social Issues
In our daily life, more commonly we encounter a lot of serious social issues. Some complex social issues that exist in society are overpopulation, racism and discrimination, crimes, and so on. For preparing a persuasive essay, the following essay prompts on social issues will help you.
- Do violent video games make people more violent?
- How to handle racism and discrimination?
- Should countries use a military draft?
- Does society treat people with mental sickness fairly?
- Is social media helpful or harmful?
- Should the government of overpopulated countries limit the number of children in each family?
- Are drunk drivers punished appropriately?
- Should rich people pay more taxes?
- Is capital punishment ethical?
- Should we give money to homeless people?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
Listed below are some interesting persuasive essay topic ideas that you can choose for writing a top-notch persuasive essay.
- Can music be an effective way to treat mental illness?
- Coding should be taught from elementary school.
- Is recycling mandatory?
- What is the best way to make people visit museums?
- Should college graduates have their student loans forgiven?
- China will be the next superpower.
- Should restaurants eliminate tipping and raise staff wages instead?
- Does making abortion illegal make women more or less safe?
- Can criminals be helped and healed?
- Should gun laws be more restrictive?
- The benefits of space exploration outweigh the costs.
- Is eating meat a good idea?
- Interns should be paid for their work.
- Is there ever a good reason for war?
- True democracy is not achievable.
- Should people in higher income brackets pay more taxes?
- Technology has decreased the quality of life.
- Should we have the death penalty?
- 4D movies are the future.
- Is it important to travel the world?
- Studying humanities is pointless.
- The workweek should be four days.
- Communism is the way forwards.
- Should robots replace workers?
- Does foreign aid actually help developing countries?
Top-rated Persuasive Essay Topics
The following are a few more top-rated persuasive essay topics that you can consider for your persuasive essay writing assignments.
- Couples expecting a baby should learn about parenting.
- Celebrities should not be role models for teenagers.
- Should music and movies be free?
- What are the main causes of global warming?
- If you listen carefully, you can find music in nature.
- Pollution in cities is because of overpopulation.
- Lowering the costs of immigration can prevent illegal immigration.
- There should be free Wi-fi in cities.
- Are reality shows better than other TV shows?
- Horror movies can negatively affect mental health.
- Digital art lacks soul, unlike regular art.
- Should people over a certain age not be allowed to adopt children?
- Is it more fun to eat in a restaurant or at home?
- Most of the music in the 21st century is simply commercial, not art.
- Poverty is the primary reason for illegal immigration.
- Should it be okay to keep wild animals as pets?
- Does rap music provoke violence?
- Is it better to snack all day or have three set meals?
- Does foreign aid actually help developing countries?
- Are humans the main reason for climate change?
Get Customized Essay Writing Help
From the list of persuasive essay topics and ideas recommended above, you can very well choose any research essay topic and prepare a thought-provoking persuasive essay for your assignments. In case, you want a customized essay topic or persuasive essay writing help, immediately reach out to us. We have professional essay writers in our team to provide assistance for you with persuasive essay topic selection, writing, and editing. Not just for a persuasive essay, under our cheap and best essay writing services, you can also take help for other types of essays too.
To make use of our online essay writing help, simply fill your requirements in the order form and submit it. After analyzing your requirements, an essay helper from our team will step forward to assist you. From preparing your essay as per your writing guidelines to essay editing, our essay helper will provide valid solutions for all the essay writing problems you face. Most importantly, with our academic expert help, you can finish your essay writing assignments on time without any plagiarism. Also, through our service, you can get 24/7 customer support and unlimited paper revisions.
Are you looking for someone to write your essay? Do you need help in writing your essay online? Contact us now! Our experts will offer you top-quality essay writing help on any subject topic at an affordable price. Besides essay writing, we also provide research paper writing help too.
Quickly book your order and grab exciting academic benefits by availing of our reliable assignment writing services.