Would you have to deliver an extemporaneous speech? Are you in your search for the best extemporaneous speech topics for your assignment? Well, to help you out, in this blog post, we have composed a list of interesting extemporaneous speech topic ideas on various subjects. Also, here, we have explained how to prepare an appealing extemporaneous speech. So, continue reading this blog post and get exciting ideas for extemporaneous speech writing.
Before we jump into the list of extemporaneous speech ideas, first, let us understand what an extemporaneous speech means.
An Overview of Extemporaneous Speech
Extemporaneous speech is a type of speech that aims to persuade or inform the audience about a specific topic. It is an instant speech that is mostly prepared at the moment of the presentation. Basically, this speech type highly depends on spontaneity. However, it also needs some deep research and preparation.
At some point in life, we will be required to give an extemporaneous speech. But most of the time, this speech is given at schools, colleges, occasions, tournaments, and business meetings.
In schools and colleges, for academic assignments, you can pick any extemporaneous speech topics on current events. But the topic you select should be analytical and informative. Particularly, when writing the extemporaneous speech, you should strictly adhere to your instructor’s speech writing guidelines, if there are any.
When you are asked to deliver an extemporaneous speech at tournaments, prior to attending the event, you should have a clear understanding of the speech rules of the tournament. Avoid using cards and notes while giving a speech. However, you can use a card with hints and keywords if you are allowed.
Extemporaneous speech is one of the commonly preferred speeches that are delivered at business presentations. As it is a complex format for presentation topics, you can limit yourself to hints.
Giving an extemporaneous speech is not an easy task. It involves a lot of challenges and difficulties. Whenever you deliver an extemporaneous speech, you should have a basic idea about the speech rules and topic. In specific, the speech you present should be organized and structured in a proper format. Most importantly, in order to persuade your audience, the extemporaneous speech you give should contain relevant evidence, research results, and statistics supporting your arguments.
How to Prepare an Extemporaneous Speech?
Although extemporaneous speech is a form of spontaneous speech, it also requires good preparation. If you have conducted deep research on the topic and have prepared your speech content prior, then you can easily put forward your ideas with clarity and make your audience understand your views. For excellent spontaneous speakers, no preparation time is needed.
Are you unsure of how to prepare an extemporaneous speech? Cool! Below we have shared some important extemporaneous speech preparation steps that you can follow to come up with an appealing speech.
- Find a topic
- Build a strong thesis statement
- Research and prepare the speech
- Practice the speech
Find a topic
Before your speech, first, you will be given a set of themes to talk about. From the themes given, search and identify one perfect speech topic that matches your interest. While selecting public speech topics, always give importance to the topic that you are passionate about and excites your audience. You can also go with the topic that is controversial or sensitive. But be confident with what you speak.
Build a strong thesis statement
The thesis statement is the most important element in a speech. The statement should mainly explain the core idea of the speech that you wish to share with your audience. Once you have selected a topic, prepare a strong and clear thesis statement using two or three sentences. In your statement, make sure to concisely mention the significance of your topic and viewpoint in a way that is easy for your audience to understand.
Research and prepare the speech
After you have built a strong thesis statement, start preparing your speech content. Your speech should be based on the analysis of questions of value, fact, or policy. Most importantly, your content should be either persuasive or informative. So, in order to sound more confident, perform deep research, and collect more details, facts, and statistics relevant to your topic from credible sources. When preparing a speech, you can also use a well-structured essay outline, and explain all the main arguments with proper evidence. On the whole, remember to organize and structure your entire speech content in a proper style according to the purpose of the topic.
Practice the speech
Want to give a successful extemporaneous speech? If yes, then practice on a regular basis to build your confidence and speaking skills. While practicing, give a high level of importance to your body language, tone, emotions, and volume. Keep on practicing until you get 100% satisfaction.
Best Extemporaneous Speech Topics List
We all know how difficult it is to come up with the best speech topic. So, to ease out your topic selection process, below we have suggested a list of persuading extemporaneous speech ideas on various subjects.
Explore the entire list and pick a topic that is suitable for you to deliver a successful speech.
Unique Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- Should fur clothing be banned?
- Is it good to be a vegan?
- Are exams an effective way to evaluate one’s performance?
- Speak about the components of a healthy lifestyle.
- What is a perfect day?
- Tell why Facebook’s popularity is falling down.
- How can one handle the problem of inequality among different social classes?
- Is there a possibility to achieve peace all around the world?
- Share the negative effects of environmental pollution on people’s life.
- Should we be afraid of internet crime and piracy?
- How can people save the planet?
- What is your greatest concern about the future?
- Can money measure real wealth?
- Do you believe in destiny?
- What is the least useful invention in the world?
- Should people be imposed restrictions in form of an ethical code and social rules?
- Why should we celebrate Thanksgiving Day?
- What would make you successful in life?
- How to eradicate cyberbullying and online fraud?
- According to you what television show should be banned?
Outstanding Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- What would you do, if you were a president?
- Should exams be replaced by other forms of testing performance?
- What is more important – skills or education?
- Should we cherish everything we have?
- If you were an animal, what kind of animal do you want to be?
- How can a country minimize the gap between social classes?
- What poses the biggest threat to the environment in America?
- Should the government have the authority to censor the information that news channels broadcast?
- Tell the reasons why inferiority and superiority complex is bad.
- Why is apathy about politics more widespread now than in past decades?
- Speak about some unusual traits that you have.
- Why is Paris a unique place for traveling to?
- Do handwriting defines a personality?
- Is big tech eroding American concerns about personal privacy?
- How would you recover from failure?
- Share the things that you dislike about your school/ college.
- Should we eat bread every day?
- Is execution more important than planning?
- How to stay self-motivated?
- Is road rage a reflection of stress?
Impressive Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- Explain how society can affect your character.
- Should hunting be illegal?
- You are what you do, not what you say you will do. Discuss
- How to reduce homelessness?
- Should homework be banned?
- Should the government constantly encourage people to convert waste into reusable material?
- Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, do you agree with it?
- How can you foster environmental responsibility in your community?
- Explain why is it important to learn a second language
- Can workers do anything to resist automation?
- Conservation is survival, do you agree with this statement?
- Which one is more important for you- price or quality of products?
- Is a sense of humor important for a person?
- Explain what your dreams mean to you.
- What do you think being educated means?
- How does technology affect our lives?
- What is the meaning of being fair according to you?
- How to increase our patience?
- Should smoking be allowed in public places?
- What is does a perfect job mean to you?
Captivating Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- Should India and China work together to counter western economic power?
- Is legalizing opium cultivation in Afghanistan a better option?
- Should there be fines for running out of petrol on the motorway?
- Why we should not be afraid of the Swine Flu and trust the precautions.
- Does the system to register and grant patents for new innovations need to be reformed?
- What is the role of communication in your life?
- Is it necessary to make plans before doing something?
- Can we reach our goals without working hard?
- If your life was a movie, what title would you give it?
- Do you think doomsday is real?
- Which is more reliable – Wikipedia or Britannica?
- Will microloans and community banking be the lifesaver for developing countries?
- Does the development of tourism in Malaysia open new opportunities?
- Should we lower our tolerance for repeat drunk driving?
- The quality of health care in America is the best in the world, or is it a myth?
- What does being rich mean to you?
- Is the growing population and economy a threat to India’s environment?
- Being smart or beautiful- Which is more important to you?
- Speak about the causes of political instability in Pakistan.
- Define friendship from your point of view.
Amazing Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- Should we outlaw taxpayer-funded events in political campaigns?
- Are teens with free access to a car more at risk to get involved in accidents?
- Does marijuana has a therapeutic and medicinal value for cancer patients?
- Will petroleum be the major fuel till 2050?
- Should illegal immigrants receive no doctor care?
- Should the death penalty be banned?
- Will life be better in the next century?
- How to become a millionaire with no funds?
- Why you are born on this planet? What is your purpose?
- How do you initiate a conversation with a stranger?
- Speak about censorship in the modern informational era.
- Talk about the benefits of freelance work and self-education.
- Discuss the consequences of overpopulation on the planet.
- Is it necessary to preserve architecturally significant historic-cultural monuments and heritage?
- Explain the danger of internet crimes and online piracy.
- Which is better- PlayStation or X-Box?
- Do we limit gay rights in society?
- Is animal testing ethical?
- How to save a green planet?
- How and why to avoid Social media?
Top-rated Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- Good economics is good politics.
- Talk about data theft by social media platforms.
- Discuss green marketing and climate change.
- What is the impact of technology on jobs?
- Explain the importance of value education.
- How important are educational institutions for real education?
- Is television’s influence on children really negative?
- How does procrastination affect our everyday life?
- Describe your best friend as vividly as possible.
- Does participating in team activities develop one’s personality?
- Are e-commerce discounts harmful?
- Why individual data privacy is important?
- How will the economy recover from the impact of Covid-19?
- Discuss the reservation system in India.
- How to reduce the wealth gap between Rich and Poor?
- Talk about the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on Healthcare.
- Is Work-Life Balance a Myth?
- Do you want to live in a kingdom? Why?
- Who do we need more- Entrepreneurs or Managers?
- Discuss the negative obsession with Artificial Intelligence.
Excellent Extemporaneous Speech Topics
- Why lower the voting age?
- How to reduce the time spent on homework?
- Share an incident of your bravest act.
- What is the meaning of family for you?
- Narrate about the most memorable day in your life.
- What makes your favorite book author special?
- All that glitters are not gold, explain the proverb.
- What do you miss the most from your childhood?
- Discuss the benefits of homework.
- Speak about a person who motivates you.
The Bottom Line
From the list of extemporaneous speech topics and ideas recommended above, feel free to choose any topic that fits your choice and prepare well to give a successful extemporaneous speech. In case, you are not confident about how to write an impressive extemporaneous speech, then reach out to us. We will offer you excellent speech writing help. Especially, to assist you, in our team, we have well-experienced professional speech writers.
Along with extemporaneous speech, we also provide top-quality, reliable speech writing services for all the other types of speeches too. To make use of our essay writing service, simply fill your requirements in the order form and submit it. As per your speech rules, we will prepare and send you extraordinary speech content on time at an affordable price.
Don’t hesitate! Just place your order and get winning speech content.