A research paper is a type of academic paper or essay that gives a detailed explanation of a topic after in-depth research. Basically, while writing a research paper you can share information from external sources such as books, journals, websites, and so on. Besides that, in the research essay, you can also present your own opinions and ideas related to the topic. If you are a higher education student, then during your course of study you must work on any research essay topics in your discipline to complete your graduation.
Currently, do you have to submit a research paper in your field of study? In general, for writing a top-notch research essay, a good topic will be required the most. So, in order to grab an ideal research essay topic idea suitable to your field of study you can take help from books, journals, and online portals. If you have no idea about what research topic to choose or how to choose a good research essay topic, then continue reading this blog post.
To make the research paper topic selection easier for you, here, we have recommended a list of great research essay topics and ideas on various academic subjects. Also, we have explained how to choose a good research essay topic.
Go through the entire blog post and get exciting research essay topic ideas that will help you fetch an A+ grade.
Research Essay Topic Selection Steps
For preparing a research essay, a good topic and a Perfect Essay Outline are needed the most. So, during the research paper writing process, at first, you should spend more time and effort to find a good research topic. Note that, the success of your research essay mostly depends on the topic you choose. Therefore, while selecting a topic for your research essay, be more careful. Generally, your professor will either share some unique research questions for you to work on, or they will ask you to come up with the research topic on your own.
While you are asked to bring the best research essay topic that interests you, make sure to execute the following steps in order.
- Firstly, in your academic discipline, identify the research area that you are passionate about and have a strong knowledge of.
- Secondly, gather unique research topic ideas from the research area of your interest.
- Next, carefully study all the research topic ideas that you have collected.
- Fourthly, narrow down the list by neglecting the topic that has no or less research scope.
- Finally, from the refined research topic ideas list pick one ideal research topic after performing a preliminary analysis.
Tips for Identifying a Good Research Essay Topic
Basically, selecting a topic for a research paper is a daunting task. Because there are plenty of research areas and research topics available in various fields of study. So, out of them all, it would be too hard for you to analyze and find the right research essay topic.
If you want to select a good research essay topic, then at the time of topic selection, keep in mind the following research essay topic selection tips.
- Always consider a topic from the research area that you have an interest in.
- Choose a topic that is exciting and impressive for you to raise a discussion.
- Avoid picking a controversial topic if you have no idea how to justify them.
- Get to know your target audience and select a research topic that is engaging for your readers.
- Give preference to a topic that contains more information and believable sources to conduct research and write about.
- Choose only a research topic that has valid evidence, facts, or examples to explain and prove your arguments.
- Instead of picking a topic from a frequently focused research area, consider a research topic from an ignored field of study.
- Select a research topic that is unique, original, and top-trending.
- Avoid choosing a topic that is neither wide nor too specific. If the topic is too broad to complete before the deadline, narrow it down.
- Finalize the research topic only if it meets your professor’s or university’s research paper writing guidelines.
Sticking to all the above-mentioned tips will help you to spot a good research essay topic in your course of study. But once you have identified a research topic, consult it with your supervisor and get a green signal before you begin writing your academic paper.
Outstanding Research Essay Topics List
We know how hard it is to search and find a good research topic. So, in order to help you out, here we have composed a list of some interesting research essay topics on various subjects such as education, health, law, environment, and so on.
If you are running short of ideas, then without any hesitation, take a look at the list below. The list will provide you with 200+ outstanding research essay topic ideas. From the entire list, you can very well pick any research topic that is comfortable for you to write about.
Research Essay Topics on Education
Educational research deals with the systematic process of collecting and analyzing data from all aspects of education. Basically, educational research examines learning and education processes. Also, it concentrates on human attributes, interaction, and the educational institutions that mold educational outcomes. If you are interested in improving the field of education, then for your research work you can consider a topic from the following educational research essay topics.
- What effect do mandatory physical education classes have on students’ health?
- How to reduce bullying in schools?
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the Montessori Method.
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Explain the effects of modern teaching methods.
- Discuss the role of technology in lesson planning.
- Prepare a comparative analysis of homeschooling and traditional schooling.
- Present a complete overview of education and funding.
- Explain the benefits and risks of social networking in school.
- Discuss the concept of homeschooling along with its benefits.
- How to modernize education more appealing.
- Explain the importance of multilingual education.
- How to achieve a safe environment in schools.
- Discuss the importance of discipline in education and how it affects the learning process.
- How do dress codes in schools discriminate against women?
- What is the role of video games in childhood studying?
- The improvement of cognitive qualities through play
- Group studying versus personalized approach.
- Online learning versus classroom instruction.
Health Research Essay Topics
Health research or medical research is a type of research process that is performed to learn and understand more about human health. Mainly, health research aims to find the best ways to prevent and treat various diseases. Are you a medical aspirant who wishes to add your innovations in the medical field? Well, then you can work on any of the following health research essay topics for your assignments.
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- Explain the pros and cons of genetically modified foods.
- How does stress affect the body?
- Discuss the effective ways to improve memory.
- Analyze the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- What factors contributed to the opioid crisis?
- Discuss the concept of global health security.
- How to lower blood pressure using natural herbs?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression?
- Explain the effects of household air pollution on human health.
- Discuss the negative effects of cosmetic surgery.
- How to minimize Anorexia in college girls.
- What are the health disasters of crash diets?
- How to treat PTSD?
- Discuss the natural ways to treat bipolar disorder.
- Medical humanitarian missions in the developing world
- Homeopathic medicines- the placebo effect
- Changes in the physical and mental health due to the ageing
- Increased life expectancy: a burden on healthcare system
Psychology Research Essay Topics
Psychological research is a type of research that psychologists perform for the systematic analysis of an individual or group’s experiences and behavior. Some major types of psychological research include clinical psychology, behavioral psychology, biopsychology, and cognitive psychology. If you are a psychology student, then for your research work, the below-suggested psychology research essay topics will help you.
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns.
- Explain how depression affects the immune system.
- How do bad dreams influence our mood?
- Explain how to deal with a mental breakdown.
- How to manage child violence?
- Explain how insomnia affects our health.
- Compare Criminal psychology and Forensic psychology.
- Discuss the psychological reasons for mental stress.
- What are the causes of depression among youth?
- Explain the impact of divorce on children’s mental health.
- Discuss the causes and effects of sleep paralysis.
- Compare the working of the male and female brains.
- How does the brain work when a person is in love?
- Explain the effect of violent cartoons on children’s behavior and mental health.
- How does bullying affect students’ social interactions?
- How does child abuse impact the adulthood of an individual?
- What is the condition that gives rise to learning disabilities?
- Study Freud’s contribution to the field of psychology.
- How do self-image and culture relate to each other?
- Why do people still believe in superstition?
- Does social media promote conformity or individualism?
- Correlation between Pavlov’s conditioning in advertising
Research Topics on Science and Technology
In order to develop the field of science and technology, a lot of research activities are being performed in various disciplines and sub-disciplines of science and technology. Mainly, to build more technology-based advanced applications and to improve the economy of a country, a lot of countries across the world are working on innovative science and technology research projects. For your convenience, here we have compiled a list of some interesting research essay topics on science and technology.
- Analyze the history and progress of self-driving vehicles.
- How is Google search affect human intelligence?
- Discuss the recent progress in the field of artificial intelligence.
- How will the loss of net neutrality affect internet users?
- What technologies does NASA use to explore Mars?
- Explain how to use technology in the classroom effectively.
- How is light being used to treat cancer and other diseases?
- What is the distinction between open and closed systems?
- Explain the impact of technology on the advancement of genetic engineering.
- Discuss the importance of big data analysis.
Environmental Research Essay Topics
Environmental research refers to the research activities that focus on how to conserve the environment in the face of the growing human population and anthropogenic activities that spoil the ecosystems and natural resources. Listed below are a few environmental science research essay topics that you can consider for your research projects.
- How have past oil spills changed regulations and cleanup methods?
- Explain how to save amphibian species currently at risk of extinction.
- How are black holes created?
- Explain the impact of climate change on coral reefs.
- How to improve access to clean water around the world.
- Discuss the pros and cons of fracking.
- How to manage overpopulation?
- Explain the impact of humans on forests.
- How to stop wasting paper and save trees.
- Explain the effective ways to reduce global warming.
- How does global warming alter wildlife?
- Discuss the effective ways to minimize air pollution.
- Explain the negative impact of acid rain on aquatic life.
- What role did prehistoric creatures have in today’s ecosystems?
- Discuss the impact of Permafrost melting on climate change.
- What are the main sources of marine pollution?
- How to recycle waste to minimize global warming.
- Explain the impact of oil spills on the environment.
- What are the effects of deforestation on climate?
- Discuss the role of Fauna and Flora in impacting the rainfall.
Research Essay Topics on Politics
Political science is an interesting field of study that covers the various aspects of politics and power at the domestic and international levels. If you are a political science student, then for your research assignments, you can work on any of the following research essay topics on politics.
- How to stop ethnic killings.
- Explain how to avoid workforce reduction.
- Discuss the consequences of Brexit on European values.
- How can the international community prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- Discuss the political issues in the Middle East.
- How can the world unite to fight racism?
- Explain how to eliminate dictatorial regimes in the 21st century.
- Write about conflicts in Africa.
- How has the Trump presidency changed international relations?
- What factors contributed to China becoming an economic power?
Business Research Topics
Business research is the process of collecting information from various areas of business, and then using that information to increase sales and profit. For writing business research papers, there are plenty of research areas available. If you are a business aspirant, then the following research essay topics on business will help you craft a high-quality academic paper.
- Discuss the most effective strategies for promoting a small business.
- Explain how to build a startup.
- Discuss the role of international business and sustainable development.
- Explain the impact of climate change on international business strategies.
- How do dirty business tactics work?
- Discuss the effects of gold and diamonds on the economy.
- Explain the cause of the rise of the popularity of stock markets.
- Discuss the pros and cons of an all-female working environment.
- How to reduce taxes in small businesses.
- Explain how globalization impacts brand marketing.
- How to stop corporate abuse.
- Explain how terrorism affects business.
- How to manage an organization’s emergencies.
- Discuss the difficulties involved in managing workgroup conflict.
- Explain workforce rules and regulations in Texas.
- Discuss the Pros and cons of online retail.
- What are the main causes behind the rise of entrepreneurial culture?
- Propose some profitable small business ideas.
- How do different marketing techniques boost business?
- How has cyber-security emerged as a new business endeavor?
Law Research Essay Topics
Legal research refers to the process of finding a legal solution to an issue by reading the cases and verifying the law. It is a broad research area that leads to an investigation and inquiry. Are you a law student? If yes, then for your research work, you can pick any topic from the following law research essay topics.
- Why is it critical to learn the GATT documents?
- Analyze and prepare a report on the comparative criminal procedure.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the international criminal law court tools.
- Explain the difference between US immigration laws and immigration laws of other countries.
- Discuss the complete processes and laws of adult adoption.
- Various laws on abortion around the world.
- Discuss laws that protect animal rights.
- How does the law handle marriage and divorce for mentally ill people?
- What action should the government take to address police brutality?
- How have the immigration laws of the United States changed in the past few years/decades?
History Research Essay Topics
Historical research refers to the process of understanding something from the past through several levels of examination and interpretation of evidence. In historical research, the evidence will be in the form of physical remains of historic sites, recorded texts, images, artifacts, maps, and so on. Listed below are some great history research essay topics that will help you to prepare a top-notch history research paper.
- Explain the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials.
- What were the causes of the Civil War?
- How has Japan changed and evolved over the centuries?
- What caused Hitler’s rise to power?
- Discuss the impacts of British rule in India.
- What led to Cleopatra’s fall as ruler of Egypt?
- Discuss how a specific invention impacted history.
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- Explain the consequences of the women’s suffrage movements.
- How did Greece become a huge philosophical hub in ancient times?
- Describe the main causes of the Thirty Years’ War.
- How did people study foreign languages before the 19th century?
- Explain the history of gender bias in England.
- Discuss the use of weapons in Ancient Civilizations.
- Prepare a case study of Social Relationships in Medieval Europe.
Literature Research Essay Topics
Literature research refers to the process of collecting information from a particular literary work and finding something new within it after a deep analysis. If you are a literary student, then for your literature assignments, you can choose any topic from the following literature research essay topics.
- How does harry potter reflect the ideal of the time
- Evaluate and discuss the allegory of two random novels.
- Discuss the role of mythology in English literature.
- Explain the dawn of literature on modern society.
- Discuss the works of Hemingway.
- Classify artificial languages in literature.
- Discuss the similarities and differences between Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- Examine controversies associated with Shakespeare.
- Why do authors use metaphors and similes?
- Explain the prose of the women’s suffrage movements.
Religion Research Essay Topics
Religion research aims to understand the various aspects of religion. It predominantly describes, interprets, compares, and focuses more on religious beliefs, spirituality, behaviors, and religious institutions. If you are a student who is pursuing a degree in theology or religious students, then you can choose any topic from the below-suggested list of religion research essay topics.
- How has the Catholic Church’s power changed over the past decades?
- Why did Martin Luther decide to split with the Catholic Church?
- How do teenagers perceive religion?
- Write about the depiction of bisexuality in the Bible.
- Discuss the Teachings of Hinduism.
- What influence do religions have on the perception of right and wrong?
- Discuss the popular new age religions.
- What is Karma?
- How do religions influence morality?
- Discuss the rise of modernism in Religion.
- How to handle religion in the workplace.
- Elaborate on the concept of freedom of religion.
- Briefly discuss the world’s religions with no god.
- How do various religions oppress women?
- Explain the myths of creation through global religions.
Social Media Research Essay Topics
Social media research refers to the process of collecting and analyzing social media data using tools and data extraction techniques. It is a type of quantitative research that is mainly performed to understand the behavior of the target audience. Here are some interesting social media research essay topics.
- How do social media influence interpersonal communication?
- Explain how social media have helped to solve world problems.
- How bad is social media addiction?
- Why has social media made people less connected to reality?
- How is social media manipulating and causing depression?
- Explain how to protect children online.
- How to take a break from social media?
- Discuss the effective ways to prevent cyber-bullying.
- How to identify pedophiles on social media.
- Why are more teenagers obsessed with the number of followers and likes?
Research Essay Topics on Media and Communication
Media and Communication research mainly focuses on all the aspects of media and communication. It generally deals with the latest technologies involved in the media field, issues associated with the media sector, effective communication techniques, and so on. In order to help you out, here we have composed a list of a few interesting research essay topics on media and communication that will help you prepare a brilliant academic paper.
- How has the portrayal of minorities in the media changed?
- Explain how sexism is portrayed in different types of media.
- Discuss the ethical side of modern news reports.
- What is the role of gender in interpersonal communication?
- Discuss the importance of psychology and communicative skills in journalism.
- Explain the modern standards of nonverbal communication.
- How to detect bias in the news media.
- Describe the conflict between Media and religion.
- Explain the significance of media in the war against crimes.
- Discuss the impacts of advertising on children.
- Explain the effect of the media on a country’s political elite.
- What is the role of the media in the expression of social issues?
- Explain the role of media in technological advancement.
- Discuss the advantages of using the media to anticipate a crisis.
- What role do the media play in spreading awareness?
Sociology Research Topics
Sociology refers to the systematic study of institutions, people, or social phenomena using several measurement techniques such as interviews, surveys, ethnography, and focus groups. Listed below are a few sociology research topics you can make use of for your research projects.
- Discuss the problems of third-world countries.
- Explain the need for sex education.
- What are the important characteristics of sustainable consumption?
- How to understand the symptoms of grief
- What are the effects of increased housing density on quality of life?
- How to give up helicopter parenting?
- What are the politics of sleep deprivation?
- How do non-traditional families affect childhood?
- What are the strategies for dealing with difficult students?
- Explain how to abolish hate crime.
- How can sociology be applied in our daily political decisions?
- What is the future of gender norms?
- Explain the Urban political strategies in times of crisis.
- How do environmental hazards affect human health?
- What are the negative effects of single parenting?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the nuclear family system.
- Explain the significance and impact of the women’s rights movement.
- How is feminism affecting the modern family and society?
- Do social media make individuals feel alone?
- What effects do homosexuals have on modern society?
Research Essay Topics on Arts
Arts and Culture Research refers to the process of collecting and analyzing data related to the various forms of art and culture from the past to the present. Here are some interesting research essay topics on arts and culture that you can consider for your research assignments.
- Analyze the impact a famous artist had on the world.
- Discuss the origin of racial discrimination.
- Explore the evolution of rap music.
- How do pop culture trends influence youth?
- Discuss the impact of advertisements and commercials on modern art.
- Analyze the history and the rise of hip-hop culture.
- Discuss the history of cultural revolutions.
- How do different cultures deal with deaths?
- Explain the art of Ancient Egypt.
- Discuss the history of the Bauhaus Movement.
- Write about Sexism and ageism in modern Hollywood.
- How did YouTube change popular culture?
- Discuss the concept of censorship in art.
- Explain the differences between the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance.
- How art therapy is used to heal people?
Research Essay Topics on Culture
- Explain the history of photography and the artistic expression forms.
- Discuss the peculiarities of the Flemish artists.
- Explain Ancient Rome’s role in the creation of the sculptures.
- Discuss the Middle Eastern perception of color and light.
- Explain the challenges of modern artists during social distancing times.
- Age-based placement versus academic ability-based placement
- Including disabled children in regular courses vs placing them in dedicated classrooms for their requirements
- Comparing course requirements exclusively to mandatory standardized examinations for progression
- Comparison of local vs national standardized assessments in education
- Education-related discrimination
- Traditional fundamentals versus multicultural/bilingual education
- Tests of teacher competency as opposed to just degree requirements
- Needs and demands of teachers versus teaching as a service profession
- Should online information be subject to federal government regulation?
- What impact have the internet and digital downloading had on the music industry?
Get Professional Research Paper Writing Help
Hopefully, the list of research essay topics suggested above will help you in preparing a top-quality research essay. In case, you need a customized research topic or need research paper writing help, then quickly reach out to us. We have skilled thesis writers on our team to offer the best academic paper writing service at a cheaper rate.
If you wish to get the benefits of our online research paper writing service, simply fill your requirements in the order form and submit it. Upon submission, we will analyze your requirements and assign a subject matter expert to assist you. As per the writing guidelines you have shared with us, our expert writer will help you in completing your research assignments on time. For any assignment-related queries, you can also contact our 24/7 customer chat support and get quick clarifications.
Right now, are you looking for the cheap and best research essay writing help online? Do you need a reliable academic paper writing service? Call us now! For almost all subject topics, the professional academic writers in our team will extend their hands to help. With their assistance, you can prepare original research papers without plagiarism and try to score an A+ grade.
Just book your order and get extraordinary assignment writing help from our experts.